Drupal & Webhoop
Built in PHP, Drupal has become an increasingly popular CMS for clients of all sizes and sectors thanks to its highly extensible nature. In the last year, we’ve used this open source technology to develop platforms for the likes of Visit Playhouse Theatres and Lincoln Castle – each one moulded to the clients’ unique requirements.
The benefits of using Drupal
As well as being highly secure and reliably robust, Drupal has been built for administrators of all levels of knowledge and experience. Its highly intuitive interface allows for pages and the structure of a website to be organised logically, while intuitive editing tools ensure that content can be added and edited with ease.
User accounts can be managed efficiently, while tiered permissions and tight workflows can be created to ensure that you have complete control over how your website is managed. Drupal offers the power to manage multiple websites through one central CMS; perfect for organisations with several platforms, wishing to manage content in one location.
It is supported by a large, worldwide community who create modules and plugins that further extend the technology’s in-built, off-the-shelf functionality. Plus, the platform seamlessly integrates with third-party systems and applications, such as social media channels and booking systems, leading to efficient, effective solutions and useful, usable experiences.
Drupal’s key features
- Open-source; incurring no licensing costs means that you can focus more of your budget on enhancing the user experience on offer.
- Extremely scalable; Drupal is renowned for its scalability; any platforms built using this technology can be further enhanced in line with evolving requirements.
- Seamless integration; being able to integrate with third-party systems and applications allows for the user experience to be massively enhanced.
- User management; complete account and permission management ensures that you have control over how content is published to your website.
- User friendly; intuitive WYSIWYG editing and preview tools make it easy for every member of your team, regardless of technical knowledge, to create and manage content.
- Highly secure and robust; Drupal’s dedicated security team are responsible for strengthening the solution against cyber-attacks and hacking attempts, ensuring that it remains as secure and robust as possible.